If you’ve been wondering how casino loyalty and VIP schemes work, you’re in the right place. After all, who doesn’t want a few freebies and a bit of special VIP treatment every now and again?
On a wider scale, loyalty programs have been around for a long time - whether it’s in your local supermarket, a coffee shop, or a fast food outlet (to name a few). Being awarded a bonus for spending money you were going to spend anyway, well it seems like a no brainer.
With the vast amount of gambling sites available at your fingertips these days, you are sure to find a casino loyalty program that suits you. Although usually very similar in structure, you will find a wide scope of points systems in these loyalty schemes, depending on the casino site in question.
It is always recommended to check the terms and conditions of a particular casino VIP scheme before joining, as the points-to-pound ratio can actually vary quite considerably.
Loyalty vs VIP?
The good news is to simplify things, a lot of online casinos have now decided to combine the VIP and loyalty schemes together.
This means that once you’ve joined the loyalty scheme or program (or in most cases, have simply signed up to an online casino that happens to have a loyalty program), you can climb the tiers. In other words, the more you wager and play, you will eventually reach the VIP status on your own merits.
On some online casino websites the VIP department might just be an alternative way of saying loyalty program, and not really a full VIP experience at all, so watch out for that.
In most cases, when you reach the top few tiers you will automatically become a VIP member, and be able to benefit from all of the rewards that come with that all-important VIP status.
If you check the site’s VIP section, you will usually find the online casino in question has outlined what it takes to become a VIP with them.
Starting at the bottom of the loyalty program you can still expect to receive a variety of gifts, and points you can use to buy prizes. The more frequently you play or bet, the higher you climb on the loyalty ladder.
How to Become a VIP?
For the most part, casinos will in fact enter you into the loyalty program the minute you create an account, so you won’t need to worry about missing out.
We would recommend though, like with most things in life, to always check the terms and conditions. It’s always a good idea to know what is expected of you, not to mention what you can expect in return.
Don’t be afraid to shop around and find the online casino with a loyalty program best suited to you.
In some cases, the casino might only let you join in when you’ve committed to wagering or depositing a specific amount of money. Some, however, may only allow new members VIP access by invitation only.
VIP and Loyalty Points
You will find that nearly all VIP/Loyalty programs will award you points for playing certain games at the online casino platform.
In order to obtain these points, you may find that you need to bet on a specific game, or make a minimum bet (or wager).
The wager limit will be a lot higher for table games, such as blackjack, poker and roulette; but will be fairly low for games like slots and other (non-table) casino games.
Claim Rewards and Spend Points
As previously noted, online casinos come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, and when it comes to loyalty and VIP schemes there will be some subtle differences to look out for.
Whilst one online casino will award you gifts/rewards at certain points, like upon reaching a milestone, another might permit you to use your points to purchase rewards and prizes or so-called loyalty points shop
High Roller VIP
Players who can afford to wager a high amount of money are known as ‘high rollers’, or sometimes ‘whales’.
Regularly wagering large sums of cash, usually on a daily basis, a ‘high roller’ will tend to be rewarded more lavish gifts as a result of this.
With this high roller VIP status often comes lots of extra benefits such as a personal account manager, faster withdrawal times, higher betting and wagering limits, and highly exclusive promotions and offers.
If you’re wagering, say thousands month in month out, you’re probably not going to be interested or impressed with something like 30 free spins on a minimum bet.
It is recommended that you select an online casino which offers real money as a cash back bonus, as you will benefit much more from being rewarded with coins or points, than free spins and such like. VIP programs have ’Loyalty Stores’ which are usually stocked full of prizes such as electrical gadgets and holidays.
Due to the nature of the tiered structure and point based system, some online Casinos will have VIP rewards as invitation only, especially for the top level players.
What are Exclusive Tables in Online Casino VIP Schemes?
The more experienced online casinos out there will offer tables exclusively for high roller VIPs. Generally these come with much higher payouts and maximum bets or wagers.
If you consider yourself a high roller in the online casino space, you can take full advantage of a truly VIP experience.
Multiple Level VIP
Also referred to as tiered levelling, the more frequently you play, and the higher the amount you are willing to wager, the bigger your reward will be.
You will usually find more information in the terms and conditions on various levels of VIP, and the rewards you can expect to come your way the higher up the ladder you get.
Like a lot of loyalty programs, you must start from the very bottom and work your way up towards the top tier rewards.
Although some casinos may allow you to remain at a specific level, once you’ve made it so far, be aware that some online casinos will need for you to continue to earn those points at a predetermined rate.
If this is the case and you drop down one of these tiers, you will unfortunately lose the rewards and privileges you previously had access to.
If you check the casino website or your player account dashboard you can usually check your progress, with regards to what loyalty level you are on. With every bet placed, you get closer and closer to reaching the top.
Whilst some loyalty programs offer a clear and concise list of what rewards you can expect to be unlocked on each level, some may be completely random.
Customer Support - VIP
Back in the day, VIP players, who were higher up the ladder would have a dedicated personal customer service agent. Especially if you are a loyalty program member, there’s probably not that much call for that level of personal attention, given that customer support at online casinos is now generally a lot better than it used to be.
That being said, if you are at a VIP level, you will want to take full advantage of your VIP experience and take the enhanced customer support that goes with it.
VIP Customer Support can vary from casino to casino but benefits usually include 24/7 assistance and a dedicated personal account manager amongst other things depending on the casino's loyalty program.
How to Identify the Best Loyalty Programs
Every casino differs slightly, and so do it’s players. Chances are you want to be rewarded for your play, which is why it’s important to weigh up different casino site loyalty programs, and figure out what is most important to you personally.
The best online loyalty programs will automatically opt you in to the loyalty/VIP scheme. At a minimum this should include things like cash back with no requirements on wagering.
You should be looking out for clear information about point accumulation, and tips on how to gain a high status.
Loyalty and VIP Perks and Rewards
Reward prizes can be unlocked in many different ways, and come in many different forms.
Whether it's a big spin you’re hoping for, or a no deposit bonus, there is plenty on offer.
- No Deposit Bonuses: Probably the least complicated of all bonuses offered, the no deposit bonus simply means that by registering at an online casino, you don’t have to deposit anything at all in order to receive it.
- Cash Back: To put it simply, your online casino of choice may well reward its VIP players with real money. This can be by swapping your bonus points for cash, or will be based on the amount of play. Other online casinos might offer cash back, but in the form of ‘bonus cash’ to encourage you to stick around.
- Birthday presents: When signing up to any online casino you must first enter your basic information, including your date of birth. This means that when your birthday comes around, you may be offered a special birthday promotional ‘gift’, or a bonus reward as a thank you for your loyalty.
- Free Spins/Bets: Free bets are of course a very popular benefit from online casino VIP programs. You can play your favourite game (or even try out a new one), for a specific number of plays for free. Despite the spin being free, you can still win real cash. Of course the amount of free bets or spins will be decided depending on how far up you are on the VIP ladder.
- Electronic Gifts and Appliances: Many online casinos have a loyalty points store. This is where you can spend your reward points on all sorts of different gifts/prizes, like iPads, TV’s, tablets and a range of other goodies.
- Priority Customer Support: If for instance you are already a high enough roller to have your own personal accounts manager; then this might not interest you very much. However, for the majority of players priority support can mean you have a much better online casino experience, as the connection time can be much shorter when awaiting a response. In most cases, you can even access 24/7 telephone support, and live chat with ease.
- VIP Concierge: Some online casinos offer a personalised concierge service, which is basically your very own personal assistant.
- Low Rollover Requirements: Also referred to as ‘wagering requirement’, the rollover requirement will be the amount of money you must wager before you can withdraw any of your bonus winnings
- Reload Bonuses: More often than not a reload bonus will be offered at a lower percentage. The higher you are on the VIP ladder, the better the reload bonuses offered to you will be.
VIP Tournaments and Events
Basically a free ticket, so to speak, for tournaments - both virtual and live. You could stand to win some very large prizes and impressive jackpots, not to mention a variety of other prizes on offer.
Does an Online Loyalty Club Differ From a Land-Based Casino Club?
Actually, yes it does. In order to join a loyalty club at a land-based casino, you will need to officially register for it. The rewards can also differ, sometimes including merchandise, dinner, entertainment, free play cash and even hotel rooms.
When it comes to an online casino loyalty program, you should automatically be opted-in. Based on gameplay, you will automatically be issued your points. Generally speaking, your rewards will be in concurrence with the points balance.
Online loyalty programs are more likely to include prizes like; special bonuses, free withdrawals, free merchandise, or even trips.
Whilst it depends on how you personally like to play and be rewarded for doing so, the majority of online casinos will happily reward you for wagering with them.
The best way for online casinos to reward their customers is via VIP clubs and loyalty schemes. It is extremely important to deposit and play on a regular basis in order to get the most out of your online casino loyalty experience, so please do make sure it’s a site you enjoy playing on.
Some online casinos stipulate the only way you can get into the VIP club is to have a special invitation, but you don’t know until you ask, so it might be worth trying your luck and asking to become a VIP!